Get Your Eyes Checked for National Eye Exam Month
Aug 12, 2011
At Triangle Cables, we take eye care seriously. Do you think that keeping the TV and/or computer monitor at a safe distance will help preserve your eyes? You may be surprised.
While sitting too close may also give you a terrible case of eyestrain, the simple fact that you need to sit close to the TV may be a sign that you should have your eyes checked out. You may also get what is called repetitive stress injury from straining your eyes.
There once was a time, long ago, when sitting too close to the TV was very harmful to your eyes. With the advancements in technology, we no longer have to worry about dangerous x-rays being emitted by our goggle-boxes, but you still want to keep a nice distance to help preserve your eyes.
Here are some tips to help you keep your eyes healthy!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stay about 8-10 feet away from your television. If you need a longer cable, you can rearrange with lengths of HDMI cable of up to 100 feet to help you out.
- Don’t watch TV in the dark.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of your computer monitor.
- Use a screen filter to reduce glare on your monitor.
- Periodically, look up from the screen and focus on an object in the distance to reduce eye fatigue.
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many ways to treat your eyes right. The simple tips above can help you keep your eyes healthy and beautiful for years to come.